Check out this dessert recipe. Just because it’s pudding doesn’t mean it’s bad for you!
This yummy dessert has three health boosting ingredients coconut milk, cinnamon, and chia seeds. The coconut milk has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and energy boosting properties, cinnamon is known for keeping insulin levels steady and chia seeds are full of omega-3s and antioxidants. So grab a bowl and a spoon and enjoy!
Cook time: 15 minutes
Wait time: 20 minutes
Makes 6 servings
• 1 ½ c. Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk
• 1 ½ c. water
• ¼ c. Let’s Do…Organic® Tapioca Pearls
• 1 Tbsp Sugar
• 1/8 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 Tbsp chia seeds
1. In a saucepan simmer the water, coconut milk, and salt. With a fork whisk in the tapioca granules, being careful so they don’t clump together.
2. Cook for 12-15 minutes, while stirring often, until tapioca is completely transparent.
3. Remove tapioca from heat, stir in cinnamon and sugar, and mix until completely blended.
4. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, or to room temperature. Sir pudding well to break up the tapioca before serving.
I like to top my pudding with:
• Fresh berries, sliced bananas or shredded coconut
Serving size: ½ cup
Total fat: 13g
Sodium: 50 mg
Protein: 1 g